Re: [ANN] Major update of Lexvo.org

Hi Bernard,

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Bernard Vatant
<bernard.vatant@mondeca.com> wrote:

> Basically that's it. If this practice seems good from social and technical
> viewpoint it could be a good idea to document it in a more formal way and
> put it somewhare on the wiki. There has been a page set up on the wiki a
> while ago about this issue, sorry can't find now the page address and who
> set it up, and I can't access now to
> http://community.linkeddata.org/MediaWiki/ for some reasons.

This looks like a really good and sensible social process and I'd
support it being more public on the wiki.

Also, if anyone has datasets that they feel they cannot maintain any
more, please consider using the Talis Connected Commons Scheme. We
will host any public domain linked data for free for ever (or at least
for as long as Talis exists which is 40 years so far). This is really
a no-hassle solution with no strings whatsoever, just the commitment
that the data is in the public domain for everyone's reuse. We are
also looking to automatically deposit such datasets with the internet
archive in the future.

Please have a look at http://www.talis.com/platform/cc/ for more
information on this scheme.

Ian