Re: ANN: Uberblic.org - Integrating the Web of Data

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:27:38 -0500
To: Georgi Kobilarov <georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de>
CC: public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org
Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>> I've lookup a URI using your service:
>> http://uberblic.org/resource/a8c82706-e855-490c-96eb-6061b6d0c3c8#thing
>> I can't seem to find an graph level relationships with its original
> sources
>> (DBpedia, BBC etc.) . Is this me, your solution design and implementation
>> choices, or something else?
> There are http://uberblic.org/meta/source_uri links to the original sources
> in .rdf and .trig output:
> http://uberblic.org/resource/a8c82706-e855-490c-96eb-6061b6d0c3c8.rdf
> If the original resource was a RDF resource (e.g. DBpedia, Geonames, BBC),
> there are owl:sameAs links as well. E.g. London with a link to Geonames:
> http://uberblic.org/resource/e4c9b34a-9680-4a3d-a922-7aab04b1532b.rdf
> If you follow the "Source Details" link at the top right hand side in HT
I want to follow-my-nose via your URIs to others, at the RDF rather than
HTML level.
>> At the very least, I would expect to be able to navigate from your linked
> data
>> space to other linked data spaces, starting with your URIs.
>> Also, will you be using <link/> in our HTML pages (re. auto-discovery
>> patterns) or is it strictly content negotiation? Ditto RDFa within your
>> pages etc..
> Yes, thanks for the suggestion. We'll add <link/> tags to HTML pages in a
> bit...
Great! At least that opens up a conduit for exploration (machine level).

Also don't forget to add a relation to the .rdf resources(docs) that
connect them the entities they describe, then Linked Data exploration
can start from the description of the .rdf resource.
> We are probably not going to provide RDFa in the near future, since I
> believe it would just increase the content-length of HTML pages, but not
> provide any added benefit since RDF output is available separately. In large
> resources (like London above), we sample resource links in the HTML output
> (with links to "and X more..."), and I'm not sure how RDFa would fit in
> there.
<link/> will do fine since you can expose links to the different
resource description representations which leaves RDFa representation to
agents that can transform to it from what you expose etc..

> Best,
> Georgi
> --
> Georgi Kobilarov