Re: ANN: Uberblic.org - Integrating the Web of Data

Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>

>> I've lookup a URI using your service:
>> http://uberblic.org/resource/a8c82706-e855-490c-96eb-6061b6d0c3c8#thing
>>
>> I can't seem to find an graph level relationships with its original
>>
> sources
>
>> (DBpedia, BBC etc.) . Is this me, your solution design and implementation
>> choices, or something else?
>>

> There are http://uberblic.org/meta/source_uri links to the original sources
> in .rdf and .trig output:
> http://uberblic.org/resource/a8c82706-e855-490c-96eb-6061b6d0c3c8.rdf
>
> If the original resource was a RDF resource (e.g. DBpedia, Geonames, BBC),
> there are owl:sameAs links as well. E.g. London with a link to Geonames:
> http://uberblic.org/resource/e4c9b34a-9680-4a3d-a922-7aab04b1532b.rdf
>
> If you follow the "Source Details" link at the top right hand side in HT

I want to follow-my-nose via your URIs to others, at the RDF rather than
HTML level.
>> At the very least, I would expect to be able to navigate from your linked
>>
> data
>
>> space to other linked data spaces, starting with your URIs.
>>
>> Also, will you be using <link/> in our HTML pages (re. auto-discovery
>> patterns) or is it strictly content negotiation? Ditto RDFa within your
>>
> HTML
>
>> pages etc..
>>

> Yes, thanks for the suggestion. We'll add <link/> tags to HTML pages in a
> bit...

Great! At least that opens up a conduit for exploration (machine level).

Also don't forget to add a relation to the .rdf resources(docs) that
connect them the entities they describe, then Linked Data exploration
can start from the description of the .rdf resource.
> We are probably not going to provide RDFa in the near future, since I
> believe it would just increase the content-length of HTML pages, but not
> provide any added benefit since RDF output is available separately. In large
> resources (like London above), we sample resource links in the HTML output
> (with links to "and X more..."), and I'm not sure how RDFa would fit in
> there.

<link/> will do fine since you can expose links to the different
resource description representations which leaves RDFa representation to
agents that can transform to it from what you expose etc..

Kingsley

> Best,
> Georgi
>
> --