RE: ANN: Uberblic.org - Integrating the Web of Data

From: Georgi Kobilarov <georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:10:30 +0100
To: "'Kingsley Idehen'" <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: <public-lod@w3.org>, <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi Kingsley,

> I've lookup a URI using your service:
> http://uberblic.org/resource/a8c82706-e855-490c-96eb-6061b6d0c3c8#thing
> I can't seem to find an graph level relationships with its original
> (DBpedia, BBC etc.) . Is this me, your solution design and implementation
> choices, or something else?

There are http://uberblic.org/meta/source_uri links to the original sources
in .rdf and .trig output:

If the original resource was a RDF resource (e.g. DBpedia, Geonames, BBC),
there are owl:sameAs links as well. E.g. London with a link to Geonames:

If you follow the "Source Details" link at the top right hand side in HTML
pages, you'll see our triples grouped by source document.
> At the very least, I would expect to be able to navigate from your linked
> space to other linked data spaces, starting with your URIs.
> Also, will you be using <link/> in our HTML pages (re. auto-discovery
> patterns) or is it strictly content negotiation? Ditto RDFa within your
> pages etc..

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. We'll add <link/> tags to HTML pages in a

We are probably not going to provide RDFa in the near future, since I
believe it would just increase the content-length of HTML pages, but not
provide any added benefit since RDF output is available separately. In large
resources (like London above), we sample resource links in the HTML output
(with links to "and X more..."), and I'm not sure how RDFa would fit in

Georgi Kobilarov
Uberblic Labs Berlin