RE: Content negotiation: Why always redirect from non-information resource to information resource?

From: Georgi Kobilarov <georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:00:36 +0100
To: "'Christoph LANGE'" <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>, "Linked Data community" <public-lod@w3.org>
Cc: "Vyacheslav Zholudev" <v.zholudev@jacobs-university.de>, "Florian Rabe" <f.rabe@jacobs-university.de>
Speaking in non-technical terms:

If a client asks the server: "please give me Berlin", the server must
respond with "sorry, can't give you that", because Berlin is a city that
can't be send through the wire (non-information resource), "but look over
there, maybe that's of help". That's a 303 redirect.

The server is only allowed to respond with an HTTP 200 if it can actually
send what the client wants.

A nice workaround are #-URIs (which I prefer...)

Cheers,
Georgi

--
Georgi Kobilarov