RE: head/@profile needed in HTML 5? GRDDL in Linked Data community?

From: Andy Powell <andy.powell@eduserv.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:36:42 +0000
To: 'Dan Brickley' <danbri@danbri.org>, 'Dan Connolly' <connolly@w3.org>
CC: "'semantic-web@w3.org'" <semantic-web@w3.org>, 'public-lod' <public-lod@w3.org>, Pete Johnston <Pete.Johnston@eduserv.org.uk>, 'Thomas Baker' <tbaker@tbaker.de>
> I don't believe we considered explicitly the scenario in which
> profile= gets lost, but something like RDFa is not permitted for
> HTML5. Maybe Pete or Tom (cc:'d) can comment further?

I think you are right that this scenario wasn't really considered.

> My personal
> guess at a DC view would be something like "well if we don't get RDFa,
> then don't take @profile away!"

Yes, agreed.

> the assumption being that RDFa would
> come with some namespace abbreviation mechanism, whether xmlns:-based
> or otherwise. I doubt the DC community would be satisfied by the
> current Microdata design in which each use of a DC property would be
> identified by its full URI.

I think this is a pretty safe bet!  Just my personal view... but I find it hard to imagine that this would be acceptable to the viewer DC community (though I'm not actually convinced that there is such a thing as a DC community view on anything).

Andy

--
Andy Powell
Research Programme Director