Re: Colors

From: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:39:00 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
> Does anyone know of URIs which identify colors? Umbel has the general
> notion of Color, but I want the actual colors, like, you know, red,
> white, blue and yellow. I can make up my own, but would rather use
> some already out there, if they exist.

Do you really need URIs?  I.e. do you want to add further descriptions or
links to colors, such as "color1 is nicer than color2", or "color can be
produced from material" – or do you just want to point to colors ("thing has
color")?  In the latter case, wouldn't literals with datatypes be sufficient?
For literals, there is at least a standard for RGB colors: #RRGGBB.  Still,
here it's the standard _datatype_ that's missing.

Cheers,

Christoph