Re: What is the class of a Named Graph?

On 02/22/2010 05:54 AM, Gregory Williams wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2010, at 5:29 AM, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>
>>> What you pointed at is a property sd:namedGraph.
>>
>> Well spotted! But I didn't really say: here is the class name. I wanted to
>> point out that there is something relevant, likely be part of an upcoming
>> standard so one should have it in mind. Sorry for not being explicit enough
>> in the first place ;)
>>
>>> The upcoming SPARQLstandard doesn't define any class for named graphs.
>>
>> Not yet. Any news from this end, Greg?
>
> The next draft of the service description document will likely include a named graph class to go along with the property mentioned above. If the modeling in the example section[1] works for the named graphs you're hoping to describe (the named graph pointed to by the sd:namedGraph property), then the new class will probably be what you're after.

I wonder if it would owl:equivalentClass the rdfg:Graph.
Ontology mapping is important or the main advantage of RDF over XML and
such is lost. I guess no W3C standard did that yet.

Anyway the RDFG has prior act. I wonder if we as a group of people
interested in Semantic Web could come up with etiquette for ontology
mapping.

Best,
Jiri