Re: Why are RDF containers (rdf:Seq etc.) so little appreciated?

On 2/14/10 5:58 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2010, at 4:34 AM, Axel Rauschmayer wrote:
>
>>> Im not sure what you mean by 'stable identity',
>>
>> It's a slightly (possibly unorthodox) viewpoint I take during RDF
>> editing: With a container, you can say "I will edit the sequence at
>> URI X" and be sure that X stays the same, no matter how you change the
>> elements. With a collection, the "anchor" changes whenever one goes
>> from 0 elements to 1 or more elements (or vice versa). Giving a
>> collection a stable identity seems to have been one of the motivations
>> behind skos:OrderedCollection.
>
> Ah, I see. Ironically, this is the source of the problem.

I'm not really sure that "Giving a collection a stable identity" was the motivation for skos:OrderedCollection. As a matter of fact, I don't see why a List should always have a less stable identity than a SKOS ordered collection...

Antoine