Re: DBpedia-based entity recognition service / tool?

Hi All,

On 2/4/2010 9:32 AM, Juan Sequeda wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org
> <mailto:nathan@webr3.org>> wrote:
>
>     Juan Sequeda wrote:
>      > we followed several domain term extraction techniques.
>
>     any chance you could name drop / point to a few of the techniques - very
>     interested in this myself and in all honesty, no idea where to start
>     (other than a crude string split and check word combinations against a
>     dictionary - not very practical!)
>

> yes, that would be very naive :)
>
> Look into the Term Extraction [1] area of Information extraction. There
> are several techniques which can be combined including POS tagging,
> Phrase chunking, etc...

Only 1-2 use Wikipedia as a reference corpus, but you may want to
look at the 17 or so tools and services under the Vocabulary
Prompting Tools section in this recent post [2].

Thanks, Mike

[2]
http://www.mkbergman.com/862/the-sweet-compendium-of-ontology-building-tools/