Re: [fresnel] Re: Fresnel: State of the Art?

From: Pierre-Antoine Champin <swlists-040405@champin.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:52:46 +0100
To: Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>
CC: fresnel@inria.fr, Ian Davis <lists@iandavis.com>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
On 02/02/2010 16:20, Leo Sauermann wrote:
> * you won't find anything else that really fits RDF because of the
> "subclass/multiclass/missing properties/too many properties" dynamics
> you have in RDF. Templating languages are not good for this, also
> fresnel data can spread and grow on the web like RDF - there are no
> security problems associated with it (as would maybe be with templating)

Can you develop on that, or point me to a document that does?

> sure, it is bad for many cases and could be improved, but the general
> concept of Lenses/Views/display/hide properties and ordering properties
> is essential and working.

It is a very elegant and powerful approach, indeed, but it also has
quite an overhead. Template languages have a "quick and dirty" quality,
which may appeal to some users... -- and I put no pejorative connotation
to "quick and dirty" ;)

  pa