Re: [fresnel] Fresnel: State of the Art?

Disclaimer:
I am only a user, so not into understanding it!

We use fresnel for our details panes in rkbexplorer, and for the why? Pages
and google gadgets as well (have been using it for quite a few years now).
It has been pretty effective, and productive; it has been relatively easy to
add the new ontological synonyms as they have come along, so we can really
use the open web of data. For example the homepage things.

It may also be that the version we use is rather old, as I think there are
things like f:alternateProperties or maybe it is f:mergeProperties that we
can't use.

However, it is now a bit fragile to use - not because of the software (we
use Jfresnel), but by the time you have over 800 lines of fresnel n3 with
terms coming from more than 15 ontologies, it becomes a bit like writing
machine code. And as hard to debug.

I keep wanting to write a system to generate or maintain it, but can't find
the time.
Mind you, not sure what it would look like in Protégé - maybe that is the
answer? But then would need to find the time to investigate, and in the end
it ain't broke so I haven't fixed it. :-)

But it is certainly an appropriate component in the scheme of the Web of
Data, and a polishing might be beneficial, especially if it resulted in
support tools.

Best
Hugh