Re: DBpedia-based entity recognition service / tool?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:35:30 +0000
To: Davide Palmisano <davide@asemantics.com>
CC: Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>, public-lod@w3.org
Davide Palmisano wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at> wrote:
>> Davide wrote:
>>> BTW: and what about http://www.alchemyapi.com ? have you tried it?
>> AlchemyAPI does not seem to return DBpedia / Wikipedia identifiers (?)
>
> yes, read here http://www.alchemyapi.com/api/entity/textc.html you
> need to specify a parameter to enable this feature. I'm using this
> tool with proficiency.

Whilst I do like alchemy, I've found you can extract much, much more
information, of a much higher standard by combining OpenCalais and
Zemanta in the process outlined in a previous mail.

To illustrate I'll quickly hook in with alchemy again and post a few
results for comparison shortly.

Many Regards,

Nathan