Re: [fresnel] Re: Fresnel: State of the Art?

Fresnel is the state of the art.
* it is also supported by http://less.aksw.org/browse
* we use it in production for configuration editors for
aperture.sourceforge.net, the ontologies include fresnel lenses.
* you won't find anything else that really fits RDF because of the
"subclass/multiclass/missing properties/too many properties" dynamics
you have in RDF. Templating languages are not good for this, also
fresnel data can spread and grow on the web like RDF - there are no
security problems associated with it (as would maybe be with templating)

sure, it is bad for many cases and could be improved, but the general
concept of Lenses/Views/display/hide properties and ordering properties
is essential and working.

best
Leo

It was Emmanuel Pietriga who said at the right time 02.02.2010 14:39 the
following words:
> On Feb 2, 2010, at 2:01 PM, Ian Davis wrote:
>

>> The Fresnel Path Language was submitted as a note to the W3C a while back:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/fresnel-info/fsl/
>>

> Correction: we used a template that looks like the one used for notes, but it was not officially submitted as a W3C Note. It is hosted on w3.org in date space.
>

>> I implemented that in PHP as part of the moriarty library:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/moriarty/source/browse/trunk/graphpath.class.php
>>
>> I think FSL is very interesting (having looked at many path languages
>> for RDF over the past 5 or 6 years) and I'd like to see more
>> implementations.
>>

> Great! I'm glad there is another implementation of it.
>
> The Java implementation of FSL made available as part of JFresnel is actually standalone (w.r.t JFresnel). So you can get just two small JAR files for the FSL engine, available through Maven, that will work either with Jena 2 or Sesame 2. See [1] for more info.
>
> [1] http://jfresnel.gforge.inria.fr/doc/dependencies.html
>
> --
> Emmanuel Pietriga
> INRIA Saclay - Projet In Situ
> http://www.lri.fr/~pietriga

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313