Re: DBpedia-based entity recognition service / tool?

Not providing an answer, but... if such tools are around, I would love
to see them added to the SWSWiki[1]. At the moment, there is a generic
category 'Tagging', with the following input:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Category:Tagging

More would be good...

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/

On 2010-2-2 13:26 , Matthias Samwald wrote:
> Dear LOD community,
>
> I would be glad to hear your advice on how to best accomplish a simple
> task: extracting DBpedia entities (identified with DBpedia URIs) from a
> string of text. With good accuracy and recall, possibly with some
> options to constraint the recognized entities to some subset of DBpedia,
> based on categories. The tool or service should be performant enough to
> process large numbers of strings in a reasonable amount of time.
> Given the prolific creation of tiny tools and services in this community
> I am puzzled about my inability to find anything that accomplishes this
> task.
> Could you point me to something like that? Are there tools/services for
> Wikipedia that I could use?
> Zemanta seems to be too much geared towards 'enhanced blogging', while
> OpenCalais does not return Wikipedia/DBpedia identifiers. Please correct
> me if I am wrong.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthias

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/