Re: Fresnel: State of the Art?

On Feb 2, 2010, at 2:01 PM, Ian Davis wrote:

> The Fresnel Path Language was submitted as a note to the W3C a while back:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/fresnel-info/fsl/

Correction: we used a template that looks like the one used for notes, but it was not officially submitted as a W3C Note. It is hosted on w3.org in date space.

> I implemented that in PHP as part of the moriarty library:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/moriarty/source/browse/trunk/graphpath.class.php
>
> I think FSL is very interesting (having looked at many path languages
> for RDF over the past 5 or 6 years) and I'd like to see more
> implementations.

Great! I'm glad there is another implementation of it.

The Java implementation of FSL made available as part of JFresnel is actually standalone (w.r.t JFresnel). So you can get just two small JAR files for the FSL engine, available through Maven, that will work either with Jena 2 or Sesame 2. See [1] for more info.

[1] http://jfresnel.gforge.inria.fr/doc/dependencies.html

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Saclay - Projet In Situ