Quality Criteria for Linked Data sources

From: Annika Flemming <annika.flemming@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 20:49:54 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org
Hi,
I'm a student at the Humboldt University of Berlin and I'm currently writing my diploma thesis under the supervision of Olaf Hartig. The aim of my thesis is to draw up a set of criteria to assess the quality of Linked Data sources. My findings include eleven criteria grouped into four categories. Each criterion includes a set of so-called indicators. These indicators constitute a measurable aspect of a criterion and, thus, allow for the assessment of the quality of a data source w.r.t the criteria.
I've written a summary of my findings, which can be accessed here:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/trdf/index.php?title=Quality_Criteria_for_Linked_Data_sources

To evaluate my findings, I decided to post this summary hoping to receive some feedback about the criteria and indicators I suggested. Moreover, I'd like to initiate a discussion about my findings, and about their applicability to a quality assessment of data sources.

Your comments might be included in my thesis, but I won't add any names.

A further summary will follow shortly, describing a formalism based on these criteria and its application to several data sources.

Thanks to everyone participating,
Annika
--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit ├╝ber 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome