Re: Any reason for ontology reuse?

I would like to add, that successful books are published translated to
other languages. So analogically one who wishes his ideas to be
proliferated the most, should publish them in as many ontologies as
possible.
The flaws of the analogy are that the differences between ontologies are
grow far bigger then differences in (western) languages, so the semantic
loss by translation may be big. Second thing is that currently rarely
anyone publishes the information which data is the original, and which
are derivative translations.
Hopefully with machine processable languages, the costs of translation
would be negligible compared to natural languages, but we should keep
records of the process, because it means possible decline of semantic
quality.

Best,
Jiri