Re: ISIC as Linked Data?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:50:03 -0500
To: Aldo Bucchi <aldo.bucchi@gmail.com>
CC: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, goodrelations@ebusiness-unibw.org
On 12/2/10 11:32 AM, Aldo Bucchi wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Martin Hepp
> <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>  wrote:
>> Hi Aldo,
>> Not directly an answer to your question, but: In GoodRelations, we use ISIC
>> as a datatype property,
>>
>>   http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasISICv4 ,
>>
>> because replicating standardized numbering schemes is usually difficult due
>> to maintenance and legal issues.
> Aha! I am starting to understand the rationale behind your decision ;)
>
> Having said that, internally, we do need to create a dataset because
> we need the relations between categories, labels, etc.

Aldo,

Make your own data space (internal or public) by populating our own
Named Graphs with said data.

You can take the Microsoft Access dump, re-org the SQL data if need be,
zap it through the RDF Views Wizard (using ODBC connection to Access)
and you're set re. RDF based Linked Data Space.

You get the picture....

Kingsley
> We are using it to fill this predicate.
>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 02.12.2010, at 07:32, Aldo Bucchi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any ISIC Linked Data Dataset out there that you know of?
>>> http://unstats.un.org/unsd/cr/registry/isic-4.asp
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Aldo Bucchi