Re: Linked Data and IRI dereferencing (scale limits?)

On 11/08/10 15:11, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes wrote:
>> Joern's other problem here is that the types used by dbpedia include
>> things that are not covered by the dbpedia endpoint, i.e. opencyc,
>> skos, etc.
>
> Where did you get the conclusion above from?

Because there are no results here:

http://dbpedia.org/snorql/?query=SELECT+*+WHERE+{%0D%0A%3Fs+rdfs%3Alabel+%22Beach%22%40en+.+%0D%0A%3Fs+rdf%3Atype+%3Ft+.%0D%0A%3Ft+rdfs%3Alabel+%3Ftl+.%0D%0A}

Query:
SELECT * WHERE {
?s rdfs:label "Beach"@en .
?s rdf:type ?t .
?t rdfs:label ?tl .
}

The concept "Beach" has several types from opencyc, like:

http://sw.opencyc.org/2008/06/10/concept/Mx4r6-wc8BKxEdeIXwCgydofLQ

The label of these types are not known by the dbpedia sparql endpoint.

I guess from your answer that I've missed something here though?

> Have you looked at: http://dbepedia.org/fct ? It will give you a more
> holistic view of this data space. There are linkbases in place via
> distinct named graphs.

I see feeding the opencyc URL above to the "URI lookup" on that page
gives me:

http://dbpedia.org/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsw.opencyc.org%2F2008%2F06%2F10%2Fconcept%2FMx4r6-wc8BKxEdeIXwCgydofLQ&sid=1283&urilookup=1

Which DOES have the label. But this doesn't help when Joern is relying
on sparql to explore the world?

Cheers,

- Gunnar

--