Re: Linked Data and IRI dereferencing (scale limits?)

From: Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes <gunnar.grimnes@dfki.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:41:59 +0200
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
CC: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Jörn Hees <j_hees@cs.uni-kl.de>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>

On 11/08/10 15:11, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes wrote:
>> Joern's other problem here is that the types used by dbpedia include
>> things that are not covered by the dbpedia endpoint, i.e. opencyc,
>> skos, etc.
> Where did you get the conclusion above from?

Because there are no results here:

?s rdfs:label "Beach"@en .
?s rdf:type ?t .
?t rdfs:label ?tl .

The concept "Beach" has several types from opencyc, like:

The label of these types are not known by the dbpedia sparql endpoint.

I guess from your answer that I've missed something here though?

> Have you looked at: http://dbepedia.org/fct ? It will give you a more
> holistic view of this data space. There are linkbases in place via
> distinct named graphs.

I see feeding the opencyc URL above to the "URI lookup" on that page
gives me:

Which DOES have the label. But this doesn't help when Joern is relying
on sparql to explore the world?

- Gunnar

Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes