Great Presentation re. what WebIDs enable: Personal Data Spaces (nee. Data Lockers)

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:18:42 +0100
To: "foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org" <foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, Virtuoso Users <virtuoso-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
All,

A very important: what the Web of Linked Data will ultimately deliver
presentation [1].

Please watch this presentation with value proposition articulation
(rather than implementation technology) in mind. It does an excellent
job of explaining the concept of: Personal Data Spaces (basically data
virtualization via HTTP based Linked Data + WebID driven ACLs).

My only little issue with Dave (a superficial one) lies with his use of
"Personal Data Locker" I much prefer: Personal Data Spaces :-)

Links:

1. http://www.vimeo.com/13942000 -- Dave Siegel presentation at Semtech 2010

Kingsley Idehen
President & CEO