Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] TBox Meshup: opengraph meets dbpedia and beyond

Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> when I open your link [1] I see the statements
>
> http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/Actor owl:equivalentClass
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Actor
>
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Actor owl:sameAs
> http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Actor
>
> I think it'd be better to solve the existing issues with the data in DBpedia
> before... adding arbitrary new ones.

Georgi,

The context of my demo is this:

1. Yesterday, the opengraph folks were gently introduced to the power of
Linked Data via schema mapping
2. The people who participated in the mapping smartly added an
owl:equivalentClass mapping that hooked into the DBpedia ontology
3. I then put out Web page URL to demonstrate expansive effect of this
single TBox assertion (Fred Giasson used to call this Domain Explosion) .

That's it.

Nothing to do with other imperfections that may exist in DBpedia or the
DBpedia ontology. If anything, should you follow-your-nose, my demo
takes you to Yago, OpenCyc and UMBEL, at each stop giving the "bholder"
an option to explore the underlying ABox data via different "Context
Lenses".

Anyway, to your specific point:

Fixing DBpedia and mapping to DBpedia are tasks that can occur in parallel.

Note (or remember): the crosslinks exist in a separate Named Graph from
the main DBpedia Graph (go SPARQL against the DBpedia graph and you
won't find this data). My page is what brings the two graphs together :-)

Kingsley