WWW2010 Breakout Session Announcement

From: Jürgen Umbrich <Juergen.Umbrich@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:20:16 -0400
To: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi all,

we just want to announce a breakout session [1] today at the www2010 regarding dataset dynamics and how we can notify data consumers about *when* something has changed and *what* has changed.

Topics of interest and we would like to discuss are among others:
	• Change detection in LOD datasets (algorithms, methods, etc.)
	• Lessons learned (e.g., RPI's work on data.gov)
	• Discovery (dady, etc.)
	• Notification mechanisms (Atom, etc.)
	• Delta representation (GUO, Talis Changeset, etc.)
	• Application areas (example Use Cases)
	• Possible standardisation activities (W3C XG?)
	• Dataset Dynamics Testbed (Benchmark datasets)

More information about use cases and our previous work can be found at the google group [2]

The proposed time slot will be the second afternoon session (15.30 - 16.30).

Best
   Juergen

[1]http://esw.w3.org/DatasetDynamics/Meetings
[2]http://groups.google.com/group/dataset-dynamics