Announcing DBTune.org/classical

From: Kurt J <kurtjx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:26:15 -0500
To: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Cc: Chris Cannam <chris.cannam@elec.qmul.ac.uk>
Hello,

We are proud to announce a new Linked Data resource at DBTune.org that
relates to the canon of Western Classical Music.  Data has been
aggregate from several sources on the document Web, translated to RDF,
cleaned, and to some extent, hand edited by Chris Cannam of the Centre
for Digital Music.

An html splash page with some details about using the resource is
available here:

http://dbtune.org/classical/

We've included sameAs links to DBpedia, DBTune/musicbrainz, and
BBC/music where appropriate.  This kb also includes a wealth of
knowledge about compositions, performers, bibliographical data,
musical influence and other information.

The best way to explore the DBTune/classical is via our Snorql
interface with example queries at

http://dbtune.org/classical/snorql/

Or SPARQL directly via

http://dbtune.org/classical/sparql/

Please direct any comments, feedback, or suggestions to Chris or me.

Thanks,
Kurt J