Re: [foaf-protocols] owl:Restrictions in ACL - was Re: ACL Ontology and Discussion

Nathan wrote:
> Request for a bit of help / clarification - started implementing.. see
> in-line from here..
>
> Story Henry wrote:

> managed to get the above implemented and working, basically this equates
> to find the triple:
>
>  <http://webr3.org/nathan#me> foaf:knows <users-webid> .
>
> if it's there then grant access, else not.
>
> is that correct?? or should it equate to looking for:
>
>  <users-webid> foaf:knows <http://webr3.org/nathan#me> .

> managed to get this one in too.. equates to needing:
>
>  <users-webid> sioc:member_of </groups/#userGroup1> .
>
> (hopefully)!
>
> but what I needed in the first place was the opposite, to find the
> following triple:
>
>  <http://example.org/usergroups#group1> sioc:has_member <users-webid> .
>
> my first thought was..
>
> [] a acl:Authorization ;
> 	acl:accessTo <https://ssl.data.fm/index.php> ;
> 	acl:agentClass _:group ;
> 	acl:mode acl:Read .
>
> _:group owl:equivalentClass [
> 	a owl:Restriction ;
> 	owl:hasValue <http://example.org/usergroups#group1> ;
> 	owl:onProperty [ owl:inverseOf sioc:member_of ]
> 	] .
>
> is that correct?
>
> if so then the foaf:knows implementation above is a bit of a special
> sioc:has_member <c> } - different predicates.
>
> I could be (and probably am) wildly wrong here, any clarification?

figured a bit out i think..

above..
:myfriends owl:equivalentClass [
      a owl:Restriction;
      owl:onProperty [ owl:inverseOf foaf:knows ];
      owl:hasValue <http://webr3.org/nathan#me>
] .

would equal:

<users-webid> foaf:isKnownBy <http://webr3.org/nathan#me> .

if such a thing existed, but it doesn't so to check if <users-webid> is
known by :me then we have to

<http://webr3.org/nathan#me> foaf:knows <users-webid> .

but I think I've just inferred that last bit of knowledge myself, and
that it'd be impossible for a machine to figure that bit out.. because
surely in the case of:

_:group owl:equivalentClass [
	a owl:Restriction ;
	owl:hasValue <http://example.org/usergroups#group1> ;
	owl:onProperty [ owl:inverseOf sioc:member_of ]
	] .

I'd have to dereference sioc, see if there was an inverse property of it
and then look for:

<users-webid> sioc:has_member <http://example.org/usergroups#group1> .

which isn't what i want and means the two cases above seem impossible to
me at the minute.. looks like I don't need onProperty hasValue but
rather some other something..?

back to owl spec!

Nathan