Re: [foaf-protocols] ACL Ontology and Discussion

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
> I think you can get what you want by using owl reasoning

authz_webid can't currently reason about OWL.  I currently get this
done with roqet+rapper in a Makefile near my ACLs and FOAF using
CONSTRUCT.  See http://presbrey.pastebin.com/wyPSdU36 if you're
interested.

I run 'make' after I change my FOAF (adding or dropping foaf:knows)
and my FOAF and ACLs are always up to date.  I've also toyed with
activating the script from crontab, new user signup, pubsubhuhbbub
push, and others.

I had an agentASK-like predicate in an early version of authz_webid.
It was the ugliest thing: a url-encoded SPARQL statement supporting
$ENV substitutions but it was awesome stuff.  The expressiveness of
SPARQL ASK and boolean result made it seem like the obvious Right Way
to delegate authz to a full/custom semweb stack that CAN reason (and
cache!).

> This does however bring up the issue of how to say "read access for
> anybody with a webid" - is there any wild card syntax that could be used
> for acl:agent or suchlike?

This is precisely what I use acl:agentClass to do (namely: []
acl:agentClass foaf:Agent) assuming that you can't be an Agent without
having a WebID and don't care about the distinctions between client,
server, agent, and person.

Best regards,

--
Joe Presbrey