Re: RDF Dataset Notifications

Hi Leigh

i tell you what we're going to be supporting in Sindice very soon and
it would be great if you could add it to the table:

simple existing sitemaps :-). Sitemaps provide the list of URLs to
crawl and for each one either a "last updated" field or "update
frequerncy".

If the website cares to update the last updated properly then also
huge datasets can be kept in sync on daily (or less) bases.

by publishing RDF in entity based slices (HTML + RDFa) the mechanism
simply works fine and it is the same large web publishers have been
using for years to expose the deep web so it is not difficult to
explain etc.

for large datasets which are large RDF files, the Semantic Sitemap
extention does its job for us (dbpedia and many others are in Sindice
because of that)

What do you think?
cheers