Re: Natural Keys and Patterned URIs

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:00:47 +0100
To: Patrick Logan <patrickdlogan@gmail.com>
Cc: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi Patrick,

On 10 April 2010 17:44:06 UTC+1, Patrick Logan <patrickdlogan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, never mind. I think I found the answer... Literal Key. Perhaps the
> other patterns should mention this and include Literal Key in the
> "Related" section?

I'll make sure there are some extra cross-references.

The discovery aspects are interesting here as ideally you want to look
them up based on a known "identifier property" that stores the Literal
Key.

OWL 2 has some support for defining keys and I ought to reference this
from the pattern.

There also needs to be some discussion around using dc:identifier or
sub-properties. The former can be easier to discover "is there any
resource with X as an identifier", while the latter can carry more
semantics. An intermediary position is to use dc:identifier with a
Custom Datatype. SKOS encourages the latter via skos:notation is
always has to have a datatype associated with it.

Cheers,

L.
--
Leigh Dodds