Hungarian National Library published its entire OPAC and Digital Library as Linked Data

From: HORVATH Adam <adam@oszk.hu>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:25:19 +0200
To: public-lod@w3.org
The national library of Hungary - officially named as National
Széchényi Library (NSZL) - proudly announces that its entire OPAC and
Digital Library and the corresponding authority data have been
published as Linked Data. The used vocabularies are:

oRDFDC for bibliographic data,
oFOAF for name authority entries, and
oSKOS for subject terms and geographical names.

NSZL uses CoolURIs. Every resource has both RDF and HTML

Our RDFDC, FAOF and SKOS statements are linked together. Our name
authority is matched with the DBPedia name files and URI aliases are
handled as owl:sameAs statements.

NSZL also supports the HTML link auto-discovery.

Examples are:

OPAC records (RDFDC):

Digital Library record (RDFDC):

Name authority (FOAF):

Subject term (SKOS):

Any feedback is welcome.

NSZL followed and adapted the Swedish LIBRIS´s practices. We are
grateful for Martin Malmsten for his help. Skosification was done
under the TELplus project with the precious feedbacks of Antoine

For technical datailes please contact:
Kornel Horvath (horvath.kornel@oszk.hu) or
Zsolt Zachar (zachar.zsolt@oszk.hu)

Adam Horvath
Director of Informatics
Information Technology Department
Budapest, Budavari Palota F epulet, H-1827
 Tel.: +36-1-224-3737  Fax: +36-1-224-3705
-Email: adam@oszk.hu    WWW: http://www.oszk.hu