Re: Standards Based Data Access Reality (Edited)

Maybe the newly funded EU projects on Linked Data  could take this as a priority

- to create this mart for data (or see how it could be implemented in
the open, if it makes sense to do so..)
- similarly for vucabolaries. Data alone is not much if we cant at
least claim that our data is truly selfdescribed by the use of
ontologies which are well understood also in a community sense (e.g.
discussed, supported, voted, properly hosted)

The apple store with its tight rules has been one of the most widely
criticized "limitations" of the iphone but indeed it is probably what
created its success: a single, mandatory repository which however
guarantees (or creates the perception of) standards of security and
somehow of quality and to publishers gives much more visibility than
simply forcing people to find their apps via google.

Gio