Re: What would you build with a web of data?

2010/4/10 Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>

> Francois,
>
> The problem is the lack of data. If there is not real time concert data
> plus weather forecast and hotel prices and availability, we can't create
> such a linked data application.
>
> In Gergi's scenario as I understood it, we assume that the data is there,
not just hidden in obscure HTML files or closed silos, but really available.
I think it's safe to assume that we will get there, even if the web of data
isn't quite here yet. Georgi's question ("What's the cheapest way to go from
A to B?") can be answered if the data about fares and schedules of bus,
taxis, rental cars and planes can be fetched, plus of course data about air
controller strikes and things of the sort.
Today, if I want to compute the cost of a trip, it's a real pain. I have to
do most of the comparison manually. I can't even ask where I can find the
cheapest Ibook G4 that I need to buy for my daughter... The web of data
should solve all that.

> I'm interested in seeing what people can create with the current linked
> open data PLUS other data.

That's a relevant and interesting question as well, but it's not Georgi's
question.