Re: Using predicates which have no ontology?

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 01:06:02 +0200
To: nathan@webr3.org
Cc: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
On 3 April 2010 00:53, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Any guidance on using predicates in linked data / rdf which do not come
> from rdfs/owl. Specifically I'm considering the range of:
>  http://www.iana.org/assignments/relation/*

Can't find a URL that resolves there

> such as edit, self, related etc - with additional consideration to the
> thought that these will end up in rdf via RDFa/grddl etc v soon if not
> already.
>
> Any guidance?

By using something as a predicate you are making statements about it. But...

If you can find IANA terms like this, please use them - though beware
the page isn't the concept. You might have to map them over to your
own namespace, PURL URIs preferred.

--
http://danny.ayers.name