RE: KIT releases 14 billion triples to the Linked Open Data cloud

On April 1st, Damian Steer wrote:

>I have my own rational number dataset which I assumed would be much
>bigger than yours. However I seem to able to link each of your entities
>to mine, so maybe they're the same. Surprising!
>
>Currently working on a irrational number dataset. This one must be
>bigger, but I'm rapidly running out of storage space and I'm barely past
>0.

Really cool!

I have recently finished work on a dataset that is a complete classification
of the real numbers: for each subset of real numbers there is a distinct
SKOS concept representing it. But I decided to defer publication of the
dataset, unless there is a promising way to get real and useful Linked Data
out of it.

Now, with your datasets of rationals and irrationals, I could link each of
my SKOS concepts to all the numbers it actually represents. For my data,
this will lead from an originally only intentional representation to a much
more explicit one! And for your data, this will mean that all these numbers
will no longer stand on their own, but plenty of interrelationships between
them will become immediately obvious just by means of my SKOS-based
classification!! And what an amount of new links this will bring to everyone
of us!!!

So, I am happily waiting for your publication, ready to follow your lead
right after.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Information Process Engineering (IPE)