Re: Yahoo RDFa enahced results example

Evan Goer wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>

>> > It would be great to have a music ontology, as we have Yahoo! Music
>> > and Yahoo! Upcoming (an event website -- many of which are concerts).
>> > Make a real, solid music ontology, and we will strongly consider
>> > supporting it.
>>
>> There has been a solid Music Ontology available for a few years [1]  :-)
>>
> That's excellent. Are you aware of any sites that have embedded this
> in their pages using RDFa? What do you know that's out there in the wild?
>
> Evan

Evan,

Hoping you are aware of the URIBurner service we provide? If so, when
you use its bookmarklet or ODE [2]  extension against resources in music
oriented data spaces such as: MusicBrainz, Last.FM, Discogs.org, you
will get an HTML+RDFa representation of the page metadata (with lookups
elsewhere) [3] that ultimately exposes (via foaf:primarytopic) the
Artist, Album, Record associated with the page [4].

Links:

1. http://www.uriburner.com
2. http://ode.openlinksw.com
3.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://musicbrainz.org/artist/293029f7-ac9e-4a8b-bb50-67935b373c47.html
-- MBZ resource
4.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/musicbrainz.org/artist/293029f7-ac9e-4a8b-bb50-67935b373c47.html
-- primarytopic proxy/wrapper URI for entity: Teddy P. with lookups
elsewhere e.g. Last.FM
5.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/musicbrainz.org/release/a5418a5d-d46c-467e-be9a-d8151d10638f.html
-- A song by Teddy P.

Note: if you want to get really slick you can sparql against the
proxy/wrapper URI with reasoning enabled and create interesting
mesh-ups  (via owl:sameAs and/or Inverse Property value e.g. foaf:name
expansion/smushing/explosion etc..) across different data sources within
the host Virtuoso instance or across the Linked Data Web. You can also
just go to: http://lod.openlinksw.com, find an artist, lookup usage
stats, and see the actual co-references and indirect co-references
presented to you, then if want them to become part of your "context
lense" you simply enable the reasoner with "owl:sameAs" and the "b3sifp"
rules on.

Example using Michael Jackson is at the top of my demo list at:
http://del.icio.us/kidehen :-)

President & CEO