CIDOC-CRM (was: how to consume linked data)

From: Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:35:07 +0100
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod@w3.org
Yes, I have, very briefly (or one very like it).

And I do appreciate the issue of stable URIs that was given as one of the
reasons for not just going with the Erlangen version.  We've been running with
the Erlangen version for some time now, and as the application is not *yet*
proper linked data application (not public data, due to provider sensitivities)
the stability issue hasn't yet become a big issue.

But I do prefer the idea of using PURLs and, if at some stage we can just switch
prefixes, I may well recommend that we do so.  Better, maybe, would be if Simon
and Erlangen joined forces?  I may have an opportunity to suggest this at a
CIDOC-CRM workshop in November.

#g