Re: Linked Data Mash-a-thon

On Sep 16, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Juan Sequeda wrote:
>> The objective of this idea is to show that cool things can be done
>> with Linked Data, and lets take advantage that the semantic web
>> hackers are all together at the same place.
> Objective was clear, my gripe was the regressive theme of data
> mashing.
>>
>> In other words, lets rephrase this: a Linked Data Hack-a-thon
> Why Hack when you can Mesh?
>
> Hacking is overrated, overloaded, and easily miscontrued,
> seriously :-)

Kingsley, I find it rather ironic that someone whose cryptic, buzzword-
overloaded, often unparsable messages here, on his blog and on twitter
would complain about misconstrued terms or less-than-crystal-clear
communication.

If Juan wants to call it a Mashup, Hack-a-thon, or whatever...who cares?

> Do Data Architects, Systems Designers, Data Integrators, and people
> with other data oriented technical skill sets not have a look-in
> here? I don't think these profiles gravitate to events that carry
> the  "Hacking" theme.

Hell yeah, "hacking" is great term to use. Don't be such a stick in
the mud. ;)