Re: Linked data browsers?

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
> Your message caused me to go and check our links and everything.
> RKBExplorer has links on all pages to
> http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/?uri=whatever which seem to work
> fine.
> I can't get your link or the instructions on the page to browse properly -
> the best I could get for something like
> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/sws.geonames.org/6286786/
> was far short of what
> http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/?uri=http://sws.geonames.org/6286786/
> gave me.

We have ODE links at the bottom of the HTML+RDFa pages, son based on the
example above use:
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsws.geonames.org%2F6286786%2F
> And
> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/education.data.gov.uk/placeh
> older-id/parliamentaryConstituency/Lewes
>
> gives almost nothing compared with what is really there, which can be seen
> by resolving or
> http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/?uri=http://education.data.gov.uk/pla
> ceholder-id/parliamentaryConstituency/Lewes
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Note, the link above is attempting to describe the Web doc first, and
then its content. Thus, if you don't make an association between the
container and its items, this page would be sparse. To prove the point
further, go to the bottom of the page, then click on the ODE link:
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri=http://education.data.gov.uk/placeholder-id/parliamentaryConstituency/Lewes

Note, the resource above (Lewes doc) is protected, so bear that in mind
re. the project graph.

> Or perhaps you are confusing a Linked Data browser with a browser that
> browses your Linked Data site?

Of course not :-)

There is a bigger issue in play re. RDF publication in general, the
tendency is to forget that the RDF resource is a container of data
items, and there needs to be a triple expressing the relationship e.g.
foaf:primarytopic or foaf:topic.

Kingsley
> Best
> Hugh
>

> On 20/10/2009 03:18, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>

>> Hugh Glaser wrote:
>>
>>> I think this may generate some messages :-)
>>> Personally I use curl, but maybe some people find that a bit indigestible.
>>>
>>> More seriously, I think you should add http://dataviewer.zitgist.com/ to the
>>> list; and it seems to be nicely browser independent.
>>>

>> ODE isn't Browser specific, either :-)
>>
>> Just get the bookmarklet from: http://uriburner.com.
>>
>> Joel: the ODE links reside at the footer of all DBpedia HTML pages.
>> Only the extension variant if Firefox specific.
>>
>> Kingsley

President & CEO