Breaking News: GoodRelations data now shows up in Yahoo!

From: Martin Hepp (UniBW) <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:49:58 +0200
To: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Dear all:

I can report on the first confirmed page with GoodRelations + RDFa rich
meta-data that shows up in Yahoo with additional details:

URI: http://tr.im/yahooproduct2

Screenshot attached. The price of $ 34.99 comes directly from the RDFa
markup, as described in the recipe at

Thanks to Peter Mika, Evan Goer, and Kevin Haas for their hard work in
fine-tuning the parsing & processing. Theoretically, there should also
be the product image next to the search result; we are currently working
on fixing that, too.

But the good news is: There is now a crystal-clear, easy-to-communicate
incentive for any webmaster in the world to add price and product
descriptions using GoodRelations in RDFa to all pages.

Please spread the word!

For more recipes, see

Best wishes

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
           http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Recipe for Yahoo SearchMonkey:

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"

Overview article on Semantic Universe:

Project page:

Resources for developers:

Tutorial materials:
CEC'09 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce: A Hands-on
Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey

(image/png attachment: Picture_55.png)