Re: Linked (genealogy) data

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 09:22:13 +0100
To: John Goodwin <John.Goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org
On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 21:51 +0100, John Goodwin wrote:
> I've been working on my family tree as linked data in my spare time.

I've been looking at doing something similar but haven't gotten around
to it yet.

I have quite a bit on paper, but very little typed up. My plan was to
enter everything into GRAMPS (a Linux genealogy tool), export as XML and
then convert that to FOAF with a little scripting.

A few comments on your implementation:

	* Individuals don't seem to link back families
	  (i.e. "is foaf:member of").

	* All your foaf:primaryTopic links seem to
	  have accompanying foaf:topic links. This is
	  probably unnecessary in the RDF itself, and
	  certainly unnecessary in the HTML.

OK, that didn't end up as "a few".

--
Toby A Inkster