Re: [pedantic-web] Which Ontologies to use for..

Hi,

2009/11/18 Aaron Rubinstein <arubinst@library.umass.edu>:

> Niklas Lindström wrote:
[...]
>>> perhaps dct:relation is more suited?
>>>
>>> dct:Relation
>>> A related resource.
>>>
>>> dct:References
>>> A related resource that is referenced, cited, or otherwise pointed to by
>>> the described resource.
>>>
>>> thoughts?
>>
>> Ah, yes, better still! The dct:relation is a subPropertyOf
>> dct:references, so that seems to be the "most" generic one. And Dublin
>> Core is nicely generic, so I doubt you'd imply anything unintended by
>> using dct:relation.
[...]
> I believe it's the other way around, which would make dct:references ideal
> in every way ;)

Ouch! Yes I certainly meant that. My bad. For the record (verified by tools):

    dct:references rdfs:subPropertyOf dct:relation .

Thus dct:relation is the most generic of the two. Which as Nathan says
makes it (dct:relation) suitable for "some relation to" (by being
mentioned) and dct:references for explicit references/citations.

(According to my interpretation of course.)

Best regards,
Niklas