Re: Chronicling America and Linked Data pt. 2

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:33:19 +0200
To: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
CC: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
On 26/5/09 17:44, Ed Summers wrote:
> I forgot to mention that if you are interested in reading more about
> the use of the Object Reuse and Exchange vocabulary (OAI-ORE) in
> linked data, and web based digital repositories you'll want to check
> out this recent paper from LDOW2009:
>
>    H. Van de Sompel, C. Lagoze, M. Nelson, S. Warner, R. Sanderson, P.
> Johnston. Adding eScience Assets to the Data Web. Linked Data on the
> Web (LDOW2009). April 20th 2009. Madrid, Spain.
> http://events.linkeddata.org/ldow2009/papers/ldow2009_paper8.pdf

See also this recent huge slideset,
http://www.crossref.org/CrossTech/2009/05/oaiore_workshop_slides.html
http://www.slideshare.net/hvdsomp/an-overview-of-the-oai-object-reuse-and-exchange-interoperability-framework?type=presentation

BTW Ed, Chronicling America looks great. Nice work as ever :) Is there
any people-describing data in there, or will there be?

cheers,

Dan