Re: Contd: How to query for Country Specific Data

http://www.rkbexplorer.com/sameAs/?uri=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Wellingto>>>

>>> and you can follow-your-nose from there.
>>>
>> Hugh,
>>
>> Assuming you sent this response before mine re.
>> http://lod.openlinksw.com . How does the following not resolve this
>> problem:
>>
>> 1. Go to http://lod.openlinksw.com
>> 2. Enter pattern: New Zealand
>> 3. Use "Type" and/or "Property" to  locate what you want
>> 4. Once found, click on "statistics" link
>>
>> Kingsley
>>

> I should have added:
>
> 5. look at: http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/facet.vsp?cmd=load&fsq_id=3011
> (do use the "retry" button to maximize results)

Hi Kingsley,
Actually, I think I had seen your response.
In answer to your question, it is different ­ most obviously it uses
different sources.
And of course in the Linked Data world, using different sources will deliver
different results; it is never the case that one source has all the
knowledge.
More fundamentally, the process you present seems to be based on strings.
I think the whole point about Linked Data is that we do not rely on the
string matching, but use URIs.
That is exactly what Richard was trying to do; having found a URI such as
http://dbpedia.org/resource/New_Zealand that he is satisfied captures the
concept with which he is concerned, he now wants to explore what is known
about it in the Linked Data world, without going back to the text world.
And I donıt think he wanted to do any clicking ­ he wanted to just script it
all up in a reliable Linked Data sort of way.
Best
Hugh

PS By the way, I tried putting his New Zealand and Wellington URIs into the
URI Lookup search box at http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/ and canıt seem to
get anything as it always only offers stuff with them extended by #... ­
presumably I am doing something wrong?
PPS I donıt see a ³retry² button.