Re: Wikipedia on your webpage

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:25:44 -0400
To: Alexandre Passant <alex@passant.org>
CC: Terry Brooks <tabrooks@u.washington.edu>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Alexandre Passant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Terry Brooks <tabrooks@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>
>> Thanks to everyone for responding to my enquiry about making a SPARQL query from client-side JavaScript.  I followed Aldo Bucchi's suggestion to look at the Virtuoso server documentation.
>>

> I missed your previous e-mail but regarding SPARQL results inclusion
> on client side, you may also be interested in SPARCool:
>
> http://sparcool.net
>
> It allows JSONP callbacks to easily include results in your webpages,
> see the last example of the previous link.
>
> Best,
>
> Alex.

Both,

Also See: <http://uriburner.com> is a domain in front of the Virtuoso
Sponger [1] which has been an integral part of the Virtuoso SPARQL
engine from inception of SPARQL support.

Links:

1. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtSponger
2.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtSpongerCartridgeSupportedDataSources
-- full list of resource types that can we used in the FROM Clause of
SPARQL queries (basically anything that's Web Addressable)
3.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/ClickableVirtSpongerCloud
- clickable version of what I the Dynamic Linked Data cloud .

Kingsley

>> I have built a tutorial webpage at http://projects.ischool.washington.edu/tabrooks/dbpedia/presentationPage.htm that illustrates the use of two mime types: JSON and text/html.  I intend to use this tutorial with my undergraduate Informatics students this coming Autumn quarter.
>>
>> Receiving the payload from the Virtuoso server as text/html and then targeting the desired information with XPath is particularly easy and would be my recommended method.
>>
>> I was less successful in working with the mime type: 'application/sparql-results+xml'.  While I could get client-side JavaScript to recognize the payload as XML, I wasn't able to target its contents with XPath.  If anyone has an working example of unpacking a SPARQL XML object with XPath in client-side JavaScript, I would appreciate seeing it.
>>
>> Thanks, Terry
>>
>> Terrence Brooks
>> Information School
>> University of Washington