Re: ANN: GoodRelations - E-Commerce on the Web of Data - New Datasets and Applications

Steve Harris wrote:
> Alternatively you could put that data in a RDF store, and just serve
> up the fragments using a wrapped CONSTRUCT query.
>
> That's what we do for qdos.com, eg
>
> http://qdos.com/user/Steve-Harris/18b6f60b41e05aaa418565ebfe901d6b/rdfxml
> and it's pretty efficient, more efficient that storing 1000 separate
> files as XML.
>
> The downside is that the RDF is not very pretty to look at, but it
> could be with a better RDF/XML serialiser.
>
> - Steve
Steve,

The data is already in an RDF Store. Of course, you can add yours etc. :-)

Martin should have sent links like:

1. http://tr.im/lThV -- the whole ontology
2. http://tr.im/lTiC -- sampling of Products or Service Model instance data

Kingsley

> On 20 May 2009, at 14:59, Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve,
>> as I replied to Libby (but did not include all mailing lists): The
>> whole data set is served from currently 100 smaller files, which will
>> be broken down to 1000 files shortly. For various reasons however, we
>> don't want to serve one file per element, because that will create a
>> huge overhead - the individual data sets are rather small (a few
>> triples per item). Having one million micro-files is hard to manage.
>> Also, since we want to stay within OWL DL, we would have to duplicate
>> proper ontology header meta-data a million times.
>>
>> Thus, we use a (rather large) set of rules in the .htaccess file to
>> serve that part of the data set that contains the element you are
>> actually looking for. You will receive a few more triples than you
>> need, but simply discard those ;-)
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> Steve Harris wrote:
>>> Very cool resource.

>>> Yeah, looks like it returns the entire document that the particular
>>> EAN appears in.
>>>
>>> Not very linked data friendly (you'll end up with a large proportion
>>> of repeated triples in identical graphs, with different graph URIS),
>>> but certainly better than nothing.
>>>
>>> - Steve
>>>

>> --
>> martin hepp
>> e-business & web science research group
>> universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen
>>
>> e-mail: mhepp@computer.org
>> phone:  +49-(0)89-6004-4217
>> fax:    +49-(0)89-6004-4620
>> www:    http://www.unibw.de/ebusiness/ (group)
>>     http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
>> skype:  mfhepp
>>
>> Check out the GoodRelations vocabulary for E-Commerce on the Web of
>> Data!
>>
>> Webcast explaining the Web of Data for E-Commerce:
>> http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
>>
>> Tool for registering your business:
>> ----------------------------------
>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/
>>
>> Overview article on Semantic Universe:
>> -------------------------------------
>> http://www.semanticuniverse.com/articles-semantic-web-based-e-commerce-webmasters-get-ready.html
>>

>> Project page and resources for developers:
>> http://purl.org/goodrelations/
>>
>> Upcoming events:
>> Full-day tutorial at ESWC 2009: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in One
>> Day: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and
>> Yahoo! SearchMonkey
>>
>> http://www.eswc2009.org/program-menu/tutorials/70
>>
>> Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009: Semantic Web-based
>> E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology
>>
>> http://www.semantic-conference.com/session/1881/
>>
>> <martin_hepp.vcf>

President & CEO