Re: DBpedia user, who are you?

Hello!

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Georgi Kobilarov
<georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently doing some planning for the future roadmap of DBpedia, and
> therefore gathering requirements and use cases.
>
> So I'm wondering:
> - Who is using DBpedia today or has evaluated it in the past,
> - What are you doing with it or how would you like to use it,
> - How would you like to see it evolve?
>
> Especially interested in usage of DBpedia (and Linked Data) within
> organizations or even commercial scenarios.
>
> Please let me know, either on-list of off-list (and state in case you
> don't want that information to be disclosed).

Glad to contribute to that :-) We are using DBpedia in quite a lot of
services at the BBC, as detailed in our ESWC paper [1]. I am also
using it in almost all the services hosted at dbtune.org.

Wrt. future plans, here are a couple of things that would be very
great to have in future versions of dbpedia:
1) Query by example. You submit a bunch of DBpedia resources, and it
returns a SPARQL query selecting them and resources with similar
properties.
2) Live update from Wikipedia (but it seems quite close to being real, now)
3) An interface for submitting out-going links, instead of having to
ping the dbpedia list each time

[1] http://www.georgikobilarov.com/publications/2009/eswc2009-bbc-dbpedia.pdf