Re: Owning URIs (Was: Yet Another LOD cloud browser)

Wolfgang Orthuber wrote:
>> It is important to track the ownership (further provenance) of the
>> description of URI. we may want to know who published the definition,
>> and where the definition is copied from. Being able to connect RDF
>> triples with authors is an important step towards the social semantic
>> web.
>
> In my proposal the name of the defining domain is included in the URI.
> It determines the decisive definition.
> Responsible is the owner of the defining domain.
>
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

A URL is a URI. It identifies an address.
A URI embodies URLs and URNs.
You can refer to things using HTTP URIs or URNs.
You can refer to things and resolve descriptions of said things via HTTP
URIs.

In all cases, URIs inherently posses domain ownership implications via
the "authority" component.

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO