Re: [ANN] Linking Open Data Triplification Challenge 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Michael Hausenblas <
michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:

> With the recent uptake of structured data/RDF by major players such as
> Google the motivation for exposing relational data and other structured
> data
> sources on the Web entered a new stage. We encourage participants to
> publish
> existing structured (relational) representations, which are already backing
> most of the existing Web sites and demonstrate useful and usable
> applications on top of it.

Entrants for the competition might find the Talis Connected Commons scheme
useful. It provides free hosting and services such as full text search,
faceting and sparql for public domain datasets up to 50 million triples.

See http://www.talis.com/platform/cc/ for details

Ian