Re: RDFa for HTML Authors

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Bernard Vatant
<bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>wrote:

> Hello Steven
>
> Discovering your excellent page at
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/rdfa-for-html-authors ... just in time with
> recent Google's announcement!
> About "Talking about People, Places and Things", just a remark. You write
> "The city of Amsterdam doesn't have a URI".
> Well, not quite so now. The entity "City of Amsterdam" *has* indeed several
> (too many, actually) coined URIs, such as :
>
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Amsterdam
> http://sws.geonames.org/2759793/
> http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/guid.9202a8c04000641f8000000000004475
> http://mpii.de/yago/resource/Amsterdam
> http://sw.opencyc.org/2008/06/10/concept/Mx4rvViJppwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA

One note: OpenCyc just by itself has several different URIs for Amsterdam.
This URI is from the 2008 release of OpenCyc. We recommend using the URIs
without dates for most purposes, in this case:

 http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rvViJppwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA<http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rvViJppwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA>

Hugh Glaser is kindly operating a "Coreference Resolution Service" [1] where
one can enter any OpenCyc URI and see the canonical version as well as
current alternative versions.

David Baxter

[1] http://opencyc.rkbexplorer.com/crs/