Re: Yet Another LOD cloud browser

Hi David,

Thanks, the Parallax and Piggybank visions really inspired me :)

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:48 PM, David Huynh <dfhuynh@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Sherman,
>
> Good to see more faceted browsing work on LOD!
>
> Will you be considering showing actual data or is showing the schema your
> end goal? For example, I typed in "Microsoft", and I couldn't seem to get
> any information about Microsoft. I only saw that there are some other things
> related to Microsoft, e.g., people, but I couldn't see what those things are
> (e.g., specifically, such as Bill Gates). I'd like to show you what I mean
> but I can't seem to get a permanent link to the state of the app.

Sure, it's there. Try this query for Software licenses, genres, and
screenshots for Windows programs connected to
Microsoft<http://ec2.monrai.com:8890/facets?qid=10000061242284504182>.
I added a permalink. Also, I added a 'back to results' link in case the user
get's lots in the properties viewer and category viewers (i.e. filter
viewers). Click the "Your query" link to see the query filter. Clicking the
nodes there let's you navigate the query. Also, the nodes on the breadcrumb
trail up top are clickable.

Thanks,
-sherman