Re: fw: Google starts supporting RDFa -- 'rich snippets'

Hi all

Agreed with Dan and all others saying we have to welcome Google's move.
But nevertheless, I take the risk to include myself in the 1000 defined
below ... :-)
I suppose pages such as [1] with indications for webmasters are likely
to be more read by webmasters than RDFa specs themselves or linked data
best pratcices documents. So, is this page making correctly the case for
linked data? For structured semantic data, yes, and nevermind the
vocabulary.
But for linked data, well, not much. Linked data ate about
relationships, and unfortunately the only example given in this page
defining a relation between resources using "about" is "for the
structured data geeks out there" ... and can be misleading for people
not aware of what LOD is about.

So John Smith is affiliated to a wikipedia page. Whoever has the ear of
Google folks behind this could simply suggest to replace in this example
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acme_Corporation"  by
"http://dbpedia.org/resource/Acme_Corporation", explaining quickly the
difference.
Of course one can wonder if a fictional guy is better off being
affiliated with a fictional corporation than with a real web page.

That said, to follow-up with Dan's suggestion, would it be really
difficult e.g., for LOD html pages such as
http://dbpedia.org/page/Acme_Corporation to be RDFa-ized?

Bernard

[1] http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=146646

--