Re: The next steps ... (was Re: Google starts supporting RDFa -- 'rich snippets')

> + We have now entered the next step in SEO. Let's call it semantic SEO. You
> perfectly can continue use your own (well, actually the so called well-known
> vocabularies such as FOAF, SIOC, etc.). Wherever you find some respective
> Google term, you add a couple of triples. From the RDF perspective nothing
> bad. The costs are minimal and you know from know on that Google does at
> least something useful with it.

Update: as a matter of fact it took me like 5min now to enrich my RDFa-FOAF
page [1] with some of the Google terms - as rightly noted by Richard [2].
Let's see if there are any changes (soon) in the Google results ;)

> + One may assume that one of the next steps is indeed the special treatment
> of typed links (in Google's case maybe again primarily for rich snippets).
> Linked data and LOD, be prepared.

Update: maybe we are closer than we think. Just discovered Google's Wonder
wheel [3] (at the results select 'Show options...' and the Wonder wheel
option). If now additionally the links are treated as real typed links ...

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml
[2] http://iandavis.com/blog/2009/05/googles-rdfa-a-damp-squib#comment-1407
[3] http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhausenblas/3527914419/

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,